Educational workshops “Data security in a modern company” organized by IBM in collaboration with CC S4S Team at Wroclaw University of Economics
Category : News
On 25-26 November 2015 at the University of Economics in Wroclaw took place a unique educational workshops for students “Data security in the modern enterprise,” which was organized by the Department of Resiliency Services from IBM in collaboration with the CC ITSE Team. During two four-hour meetings, students explored the possibilities of popular information technology, familiarized with the big corporation which is IBM and demonstrated their creativity and commitment to solving IT tasks.
The workshops objectives were:
- familiarize students with the new IBM Strategy regarding Cloud, Analytics, Mobile, Social, Security. Inform about New approach to IT Services and Data Analytics Challenges, with info related to Cognitive Analysis.
- present the principles and working IT tools in the IBM Resiliency Services Department,
- introduction of company data recovery software and directions for its use.
The scope of the workshops:
The workshops were directly related to new scenarios in IT Services, data analytic enterprises and operation of the IBM Resiliency Services Department.
The first part of the workshops was an introduction and will cover the following topics:
- IBM Strategy related to Cloud, Analysis, Mobile, Social and Security have a big transformation on the way business is managed, plus an overview on Cognitive Systems.
- Department Structure: how we are organized and why – local and global
- Virtualized Server Recovery, overview about disaster recovery solution used by Resiliency Services in IBM and at today operative in 17 countries worldwide.
The main part of the workshops was purely practical and based on case studies. The detailed scope covers the following topics:
- Quick recap on ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library).
- Change Management overview from practices – case study.
- Incident Management – case study.
- Problem Management – case study.
- Compliance: Ticketing tool.
- Culture in our business.